Weekends

The first half of November has given me two busy weekends. The enjoyable kind of busy.

First, there was the long weekend which I spent most of the time in the malls with the intention of shopping. Yes. Shopping. After months of denying myself the pleasure of retail therapy, it's finally time to give in to temptations. That Friday we went grocery shopping. On Saturday I followed my friends to the mall where they were buying for winter clothes. Then I bought some toys for my sisters and nephew, and a winter coat for myself. We also went into the Sony shop to check out new cameras. I'm planning to change my old one. It took me some time to decide which I want to buy. In the end, it was my companions who bought the camera. I have decided to wait for the next IT fair to buy that same camera hoping to get a freebie in the form of an extra battery. The following day I went to the library to return some books and borrow new ones. Then I followed my two friends again to another mall. I did some more shopping while waiting for their reply to my text message asking them where they are. Then we had a little adventure of trying to find our way to the Marina bay. They want to practice using the camera and I want to see how the camera performs.

The second weekend was just as enjoyable. Last Friday some of our officemates/friends came over to our apartment and cooked dinner. It seems that two of them are celebrating their anniversary in the company. The food were delicious, and the karaoke after dinner was fun. The festivities lasted until the wee hours of the morning.

By Saturday we finally decided to go shopping again. I call it Christmas shopping. It was actually shopping for Christmas tree and decors. Afterwards we had dinner at The Asian Kitchen. I love their dumplings!

When we got home, we immediately set up the Christmas tree. Ever since I moved here in Singapore I've always missed setting up a Christmas tree or putting up Christmas decors. I have a friend here who had a Christmas tree since last year. I'm no longer envious of their tree 'coz we now have our own. It's beginning to feel more like Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts