Orchard Christmas

Dec 18, 2010

I think I may have told you this before: one of the things that I miss in the Philippines is how we celebrate Christmas.

As soon as the "-ber" months starts one would certainly feel that everyone is getting ready to celebrate Christmas. Christmas songs and decors can be found almost everywhere. And as soon as Holloween ends... Well, it's definitely Christmas everywhere: in residential areas, shopping malls, business districts, everywhere.

Unfortunately here in Singapore, it's only at a few certain places that one would see Christmas lights and decors hanging, and mostly it is in shopping centers or malls. In this case it's along Orchard Road where one could see that the street is livened up with Christmas lights and decors. And there were a lot of people too. It was my first time to "join" with the crowd.

Actually it started with some of my friends meeting up somewhere for some Christmas shopping, and then I met up with them at Funan. I was planning to buy some gifts but did not find any in that mall so I did my shopping when we got to Orchard.

After treading the length of Orchard Road and battling our way through the crowd at the malls, alas we were exhausted. And the best way to gain back our strength was to eat. \o/ Our table looked like we were having a feast. ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts