Happy Holidays


Holiday season is best spent with the family.

After being away from my family for almost a whole year, I was so looking forward to going home for Christmas. And I did go back home on Christmas day, literally.

I saw a lot of my relatives who came by our house when they heard I'm home. And I also spent some time with my friends. I had so much fun catching up with them.

But what I liked best of all is the time I got to spend with my family. I spent most of my time just hanging out with my family and eating all kinds of Filipino food that I can think of.

And the annual gathering of our clan on New Year's day was more organized and more fun. As per tradition, we all went to church together. We then went to my cousin's place for the party. Dinner was served with one whole tasty lechon. Then the dancing and singing began. The party lasted until late. This is surely one family tradition we all always look forward to.

I ended my holiday in Cebu with a visit to the Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino. Fortunately for me, a mass was about to start when I got there. It's been so long since I last got to attend mass in that church. It's always crowded with people from everywhere. It is specially crowded in the month of January when we celebrate the feast of the Sto. Nino, and the Sinulog festival.

Now I'm back in Singapore. Back to work. Back to living away from home. And I'm looking forward to the next time I can go home again. -_^

Comments

Popular Posts