During the Hiatus

"Things just started happening..." I said that last week to "explain" my long hiatus from blogging. To elaborate, it means I got so busy with work that it sort of got in the way. I also had some personal stuff, like a few out-of-the-country trips.

The main reason I was able to move to Singapore was the work opportunity that was presented to me back in 2008. I was lucky enough that the company shouldered all expenses of my move, even the overnight trip in Singapore for that nerve-wracking interview. The first few years were very good for me. I had a boss who did not like working overtime and our workload was reasonable enough. But then some good things never really last. There were changes made and though I welcomed the challenge there just came a point when I thought it was already too much. So I decided a change is needed.

What that change would be came to me on one of my trips. During those hectic years I was able to squeeze in a few trips in between. It was the only way I could completely unwind and forget the worries from work for longer than a weekend. And truly, I needed those breaks. Of course I also made a point of going back home to Cebu every year. Nothing beats being with the family. And it's always good to see old friends you haven't seen for about a year.

But overseas trips were not my only means of unwinding. And obviously it's too expensive to be doing so regularly. I can only wish I can afford to do just that, but I can't. So every now and then I try to find some do-it-yourself (DIY) kits that I could do while just staying in for the whole weekend. Other times I would just read books that I borrow from the library or ebooks that I download on my iPhone. And whenever there's a musical theater show in town that I would like to see, I go and watch it even if I'm all by myself.

Just last Thursday I got to watch Les Misérables at the Capitol Theater in Sydney with a couple of friends. It was awesome! Here's a little something that I did after watching it. I would understand if you don't recognise her. After all, I'm still a beginner at this sketching thing.


Comments

Popular Posts