October Best

October is coming to an end. And what better way to end it than having 3 reasons to smile all day at work - for me, at least.

Friday morning, as I was preparing myself to start with my tasks, somebody came over to my desk and asked for a little help. It seems that he asked help from his friend first, and his friend, whom I worked with in my previous assignment, told him that I'm the one he should ask for help from because "she's the expert in" that area. (Take note of the quote.) I won't elaborate on my supposed expertise because I honestly don't think of myself as an expert of that. Though I have to admit knowing some people actually believed in my knowledge and skills about something to make them think I'm an expert of it is a really good thing. It was a good way to start the day.

Friday noon, I went with my "bowling team" for a celebratory lunch at a dimsum restaurant. A few weeks back our company had a bowling tournament and fortunately our score ranked us 9 out 24 teams that we actually received a S$50 voucher price. So we used our price to pay part of our lunch at this restaurant. The food was good, but the company was even better. It was a very enjoyable 2hour lunch break. ;)

Friday afternoon, back in the office, I was still happy with the events earlier that morning and at lunch when somebody came again to my desk. Let's just say that there was some discussion and that I was able to win that round. And that win made me feel so good I was actually able to do more than I set out to do that afternoon.


It doesn't stop there. I still have some reasons to smile outside of work.

Friday night, after work, my friend and I walked home from the office. It was a good exercise. I stopped by our apartment for a few minutes then went to the community center for the culminating activity of our Korean class. As I mentioned in one of my previous post, this time we are learning how to cook a couple of Korean dishes. They were actually easy to prepare. And they were delicious. Though the first dish was quite spicy for me, still it tasted good. Maybe I'll try to cook it myself next time. We'll see. ;)


Saturday midnight, my housemates and I went to Coffee Bean. They had hot choco while I had hot vanilla. We also ordered 2 cheese cakes and a crème brûlée muffin. It's been quite some time since we last did this. It's one of our ways to unwind, relax, and have time to gossip.

Today, I spent the afternoon with my friend. We went to a couple of places to window shop. We also had dinner together. She also gave me a drawing book and a small cork board. As always our time was spent mostly talking and laughing. I really had a good time.

And now, just before I started writing this post, I called (via Skype) home and talked to my parents, sisters, and nephew. It's good to see them and hear their stories. I can hardly wait to go home for the holidays again. Just 2 more months to go!

Comments

Popular Posts