August Rush

Hello! It's nice to see you again. It's been a while since I last talked to you - 2 months worth of 'while'.

I feel like I should have a lot of stuff to tell you, and yet it doesn't seem like there's actually that many to tell. Sound confusing? Well, my mind is also somewhat confused now. Let me gather my facts and thoughts...

The month of August went by so fast. There wasn't much to tell about. But here's a quick run through to the few events that happened.


@ work: I was finally assigned back to my original project team. No more overtime. Yey! \o/

Unfortunately, somebody else left. We (the team) had a farewell lunch with him and talked about stuff. It now reminds me of the time when we all went for dinner and a movie. That was a good night with the team.

@ work: We had a celebratory dinner for the successful release of a project - the one I just left. Breek's Restaurant at Harour Front served us good food, and gigantic deserts. I was so full by the time we finished.


@ home: I signed up for the 2nd term of the basic Korean class at our community center. The class is again held every Friday night for 1.5 hours. On our first night, just before we ended the class, we were taught how to play one of their traditional games and one card game. On our second night we started the class with one of their famous pop songs. The teacher asked us to catch as many Korean words (that we recognize) as we can from the lyrics. We are nearing the end of this term. I'm looking forward to our last night where instead of dining out, we'll be cooking Korean food. And eating them, of course.

So there you have it. My August at a quick glance. I'll have my September in another post. See ya!

Comments

Popular Posts