Bitter-Sweet Afternoon


I usually spend my weekends cooped up at home doing almost nothing. However, after getting sick a few weeks back and being left home alone I've decided to get back my old habit.

Earlier this week I called my friend Vera and we set a date for a relaxing Saturday afternoon. That was today.

It seems we badly needed that break time. She from her studies and me from my work. I'd say we needed the break to recharge our batteries.

We met and spent the afternoon at a mall. Vera was looking for a dress she could wear at a wedding she's going to attend this December. We went to all the shops where we thought we'd find the dress, to no avail. In the first shop we went into I found a pair of shoes that I liked. Although I liked it a lot I did not buy it right away. I was weighing the practicality of buying the shoes.

As we were eating ice cream at Haagen-Dazs, my mind keeps going back to the shoes - a sure sign that I absolutely liked them and I just need to have them. So we went back to the shop and guess what. They don't have my size! :'(

Comments

Popular Posts