In the Dark


I got sick over the weekend. My tonsils hurt and were red and slightly swollen, it was probably what started the fever. By Monday I was feeling a bit - I repeat, a bit - better, but I still went to work 'coz I felt I'd just get worse if I stay home trying to sleep off my headache and doing nothing. And I did feel better while working. By Tuesday I was well enough to attend the Body Jam session at Fitness First. I have to say I had a good time then, not to mention a good workout. Just so you know, I'm not trying to lose weight or anything since I have nothing to lose. I'm just trying to make myself healthy and fit.

Oops... That introduction turned out long.

Anyway, last night was one of those nights when, no matter how tired I was, I just couldn't sleep. The lights were off and for some reason our neighbors were quiet, for a change. I wanted to go to sleep, but couldn't. My mind was so busy. I had a lot of things, random things, running through my head.

It started with my rubber shoes (I'll save the details about this for another blog post), then about saving more money, which led to travelling, which made me recall my birthday vacation, and that ultimately led me to the 'biggest' realization of my life. Before I tell you what it was, care to hazard a guess? Think you got it? Let's see...

Actually, that was a wrong description. It was the silliest realization I've ever had. Last night, in the darkness, I realized... (Are you ready for this? Here it goes...) I just realized... I'm already twenty-eight years old. Imagine that? I had my birthday almost three months ago and yet up until last night I never actually thought about my real age. I had so much fun on that vacation I actually never thought of that little number. I even tried to recall if my friends used the number candle with the birthday cake they bought for me. I just couldn't believe it.

You probably think it's crazy. It probably is. But I can only think of it as silly. So silly of me. And funny I can't help but laugh. In fact my friend Agnes and I had a good laugh about it at dinner when I told her.

I wonder if I'll have another silly realization tonight. I look forward to having something to laugh about my self. I surely don't mind laughing at my own silliness. ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts